The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with you or another specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify you or that person (personal information).
This policy applies to you if you are:
A visitor to our website or our application.
A customer who has ordered the goods or services that we provide. (You and your).
Personal information includes:
1. Certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website or application.
2. Certain information collected on registration (see below);
3. Certain information collected on submission; · and
4. Optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below); but excludes:
– information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
– Permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
– Non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
– Information that you have provided voluntarily in, including but not limited to, an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, social media platforms, videos, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, community, classifieds, or discussion board and the like, (because the information that has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you download our application and when you make use of our website. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not use any of our services.
You may not access our website and application if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts. You need to have the consent of your parents/guardian to use the website or application and you will be asked to confirm this consent prior to use of the website or application.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and have agreed to be bound by all of the terms and conditions contained herein.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time and without notice by updating this web page or app. We will notify any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website and the application, or by sending you an email, WhatsApp, SMS advising of same. It is incumbent upon you to ensure that you keep abreast of all changes made to the policy and if you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and the application. If you continue to use them following notification of a change to the terms and conditions, then the changed terms will apply to you, and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms and conditions.
On registration and download
Once you register on our website and/or download our application, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with certain personal information which include your username and password.
This personal information will include, but not be limited to:
Your name and surname;
Your email address;
your telephone number;
Your postal address and/or residential street address;
and Your username and password.
ID Number and copies of identity documents
Passport number and copies of passport
Study permits and/or visas and the like
Work address Salary advice/payslips our gender
Your status being married, divorced, single. Civil union, same sex union etc
Other personal information
We will use this personal information to fulfil your account, provide services or goods, any additional services, and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for the purpose set out in the policy and for anyother purposes we deem reasonably necessary.
Collection on order
When you order any goods or services from us, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (goods information or services information).
Collection from browser
We may place small text files called “cookies” on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal information, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal information with a certain device. These files serve a number of useful purposes for you including, but not limited to:
Granting you access to age restricted content;
Tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences;
Improving how our website performs;
Allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
Helping us deliver targeted advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
Third party cookies
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor, or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information).
This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website and/or application, or when you enter, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website and/or application.
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us unless you specifically request us not to.
Purpose for collection
We may use or process any goods information, services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including but not limited to: .
– Services purposes – such as providing our services/goods;
– Marketing purposes – such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
– Business purposes – such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
– Legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance. We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
– Remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website and/or the application;
– Monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and;
– Track your entries, submissions, and other activities in connection with your usage of the website and/or the application.
Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
– In accordance with applicable law;
– When you provide us with any registration information or optional information. Use We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
Messages and updates
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website and the application. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
While using the website, we may display targeted adverts and other relevant information based on your personal information. In a completely automated process, computers process the personal information and match it to adverts or related information. We never share personal information with any advertiser unless you specifically provide us with your consent to do so. Advertisers receive a record of the total number of impressions and clicks for each advert. They do not receive any personal information. If you click on an advert, we may send a referring URL to the advertiser’s website identifying that a customer is ‘visiting from the website. We do not send personal information to advertisers with the referring URL. Once you are on the advertiser’s website however, the advertiser is able to collect your personal information.
We restrict access to your personal information to, including but not limited to the following people or parties in appropriate circumstances, to operate, develop or improve our services:
– City-Varsity employees.
– Other divisions, subsidiaries affiliates, or companies within the group of companies or larger groups of companies, to which we belong so as to provide joint content and services like registration for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services);
– our goods suppliers, service providers or contractors who help supply certain goods or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these goods suppliers or service providers only use your information in connection with the goods they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
– Credit bureaus to report account information as permitted by law;
– Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria);
– Other third parties who provide us with relevant services where appropriate; and agents.
– These individuals or parties, are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal information if required:
– By a subpoena or court order;
– To comply with any law;
– To protect the safety of any individual or the general public;
– and to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, legal, or other personnel.
Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, and/or a merger with, acquisition by, and/or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Our website is hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference with or access to or from outside intruders. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete, and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time, we may request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on to you by accessing your account, emailing us, or phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making or making any corrections to your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless: Retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or You have consented to the retention of the record. The retention is necessary for your future use and enjoyment of our website and/or application. During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information. We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
Transfer to another country
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country and process it in that country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside the country in which it was collected in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in the country in which it was collected. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.